Friday, December 28, 2012

Can I Get A F-1 US Visa As a Male Nurse

Can I Get A F-1 US Visa As a Male Nurse?
I went for a Visa Interview Here In India. I Stood 4 hours in line and as soon as I got my chance she asked me What are Going For, I said Male Nurse. She said "Are You Sure"! and was shocked.Then She denied Me a visa. Is it possible for me to actually get a F1 visa As A male Nurse? If So What the hell do I say to the Visa Officer ? May You Please Help Me.
Embassies & Consulates - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Tell them that you are coming as a tourist, if you tell them that you are coming here to work,you will not get a visa, althought they need nurses here very badly,it is harder to get a visa that way. good luck
2 :
F-1 visa, is a student visa, is that what you wanted to apply for? How Do I Apply if I am Outside of the United States? You first must apply to study at a USCIS-approved school in the United States. When you contact a school that you are interested in attending, you should be told immediately if the school accepts foreign national students. If you are accepted, the school should send you USCIS Form I-20 M-N/ID (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status - For Vocational Students). If you require a visa, then you should take the USCIS Form I-20 to the nearest U.S. consulate to obtain a student visa. Only bring the USCIS Form I-20 from the school you plan on attending for visa processing at the U.S. consulate. You must also prove to the consulate that you have the financial resources required for your education and stay in the United States. Please see the State Department Website for more information on visa processing. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=4e4496981298d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=48819c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD now there is a difference between studying and working in the US .... and the question is not what you should have said? if you had filled out an F-1 visa? then you were there to talk about your studies in the US , and not as a male nurse...........
3 :
what you should have answered is to go to school in the US... to study to become a nurse (if that's what you're going to do). because you didn't answer correctly, you were denied the visa.



 Read more discussion :