Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why is a B.Sc required for admission into medical school

Why is a B.Sc required for admission into medical school?
I was just curious because I'm planning on going to India for medical school in order to bypass having to obtain a B.Sc in any field in general. My original plan was to get a Bachelors in Nursing and apply to medical school, but after some research I figured out that going to India is also a good option. However, I'm slightly confused, since I wanted to know why a B.Sc is required for entry into medical school. Is it because theres something thats taught in the four years of undergrad that is necessary while studying as a doctor? Because in India, anyone with marks high enough can apply immediately after highschool. Also, on a sidenote, is it wise to take this path, because I don't want to end up practicing in India, as I am planning on coming back to practice in Canada. And if I have to come back, what process do I have to go through in order to be able to practice medicine in Canada with a degree in India?
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can have any degree to get into medical school. Just do the prerequisites. It is hard to come back to canada to practice. only something like 10% is able to come back. A couple of my friends went to medical school in the carribeans and they are stuck practicing in usa.




Read more discussion :