Sunday, June 7, 2009

Is there scope for nurses in the near future or is it saturated

Is there scope for nurses in the near future or is it saturated?
I am a 30-year-old single girl. I was so passionate about nursing that I quit a job of 10 years. I knew i had to sacrifice my time working a lot when i pursue this degree (BSN) and that my old parents would get less attention.... yet I did all that... I even have a dream of doing masters and end up either as a CRNA or CNM, for which i need real good GPA cz I live in India and I wish to study abroad to get this degree.. so its an extra challenge.. Now, many are telling me that nurses hardly find job these days anywhere and that working conditions are horrible, especially if u r a foriegner, there is always a racial discrimination. This is my passion, I have left everything I had, even my bf broke up with me cz of my passion towards nursing cz he never wanted to marry a nurse.. In India, nurses are treated as second-degree citizens, dumb women by most people... All these are creating a low confidence and fear in me.. I even am screaming at my old parents with not their fault.... Is it true that nurses are no more needed bcz the field is saturated?? I cant let my dreams go of being a CNM.. I guess I just need words from an RN or so and not a person that wud pull me down even more or consider my ethnicity and answer. Thanks for everyone that would answer in advance.
Other - Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am not an RN, but I know that until recently hospitals were having a hard time finding enough nurses. Since the economy became so bad, it became harder for nurses to find jobs. Right now it is difficult for anyone to find a job in almost any field. As the economy recovers, however, nurses will find it increasingly easier to get jobs. By the time you finish your education, the economy and the job market may be much better.

 Read more discussion :