Monday, September 14, 2009

Obtaining a Nursing License in India for USA Immigration

Obtaining a Nursing License in India for USA Immigration?
I have completed my BHMS in Indai. I have 2 years of ER experience practicing as a doctor. I will be in the US with my husband in the 3 months. Based on the career options - it seems nursing maybe a way to go. Do I need to complete a nursing course prior to giving the NCLEX-RN? Can I give this exams while I am in the USA and then seek employment in the special category? Do I need to obtain a nursing license from India to smooth the process of applying permanent residence?
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would think you would have to have completed your training and pass the exam in India. Then, there would be another test you would have to pass in the U. S. of A. in order to practice. Otherwise, you would still be considered in school/training.
2 :
Get a nursing license in India. Pass the CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) Exam. Pass the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Exam.




Read more discussion :